Hopefully later I can repeat the previous posts testing, and see if RLE works and captures more that the ~450 micro-seconds of samples. Fingers crossed! And then, onto SPI sniffing...
|From Project: Burt|
UPDATE: I managed to update the OLS to v3 of the PIC and FPGA firmware. Repeating the test in the previous blog post, but using RLE compression, looks like it is a lot more stable now. As expected the compression captures more than 10x the number of samples, with this simple UART test.
Unfortunately it looks like the UART analysis plugin in Jawi's SUMP client hasn't been updated to cope with RLE. Sampling at 50MHz without RLE works great. But at the same sampling rate with RLE compression enabled, the UART analysis fails to properly decode the Tx data :(
As you can see from the picture I have also moved to using the GHI FEZ Domino to squirt out UART data. I have put a Visual C# solution up on my GoogleCode SVN repository that squirts data out of UART0.